Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The best Web 2 jQuery javascript plugins

We developers here at Wiliam are always looking for programming solutions that are robust, standards compliant, extensible and keep our sites loading fast. One such solution that has been gaining popularity among our development team is jQuery. jQuery is a Javascript library that aims to greatly simplify the often tedious and buggy task of writing client-side JavaScript code to for modern Web 2.0 web sites. At Wiliam, JQuery is helping pave the way for our new generation of sites, and I personally have found that its extensible, modular platform has helped me do away with much of our old Javascript code and have all our sites work in a standardised, consistent way with fewer bugs. And best of all, it's free. I'd like to share with you four of the best JQuery plugins that I've been working with and implementing almost every day. jqModal - easy popup boxes I can't remember the last time I built a web site that didn't have some kind of pop-up window. Enquiry forms, login boxes and information boxes are almost always used in our designs. I believe they improve the user experience when used appropriately: the user can request more information about a topic or log in to a site without leaving the current page, for example. jqModal is a plugin for jQuery that simplifies the task of making divs pop up. I was surprised by how little code is required, compared to our old methods. The samples on the jqModal site are simple and easy to follow - in fact I was really surprised by the tiny amount of code required to initialise and then open the popup (compared to the old

No comments:

Post a Comment